8 Ways To Cope With Sadness


DISCLAIMER: I am not a licensed therapist, nor do I have any expertise in the field. I am not diagnosed with anxiety or depression. I am simply talking from the experience of someone who just gets sad a lot and needs distractions to improve my mood. If you feel like whatever you are going through is more serious, seek professional help (i.e. a licensed counselor/therapist). 

I've been feeling down lately and one thing that I've learned to make myself feel better is to just get my mind off the sadness. So if you're feeling down, here are some ways to cope with it, even if it's just temporary! 😊

1. Think of all the worse situations you could be in instead. Sometimes I get depressed for really dumb reasons (in my opinion) so I always remind myself that my life could be a whole lot worse. I could be sick and dying, homeless, etc.

2. Watch something that makes you happy. I recently watched all six seasons of Friends and nothing on television has made me laugh harder than that show. I would be sad some days and just turn on Friends and forget about all my problems. Funny TV shows and YouTube videos have cured a lot of sad days.

3. Hang out with friends. Being by yourself usually gives you more time to think about your problems and sometimes not in a good way. Sometimes socializing and talking to people can take your mind off whatever is bothering you.

4. Eat. Food is good. Eat that cookie you've been craving. Stuff your face with extra buttery popcorn. Food will never hurt your feelings!!!

5. Pamper yourself. Sometimes pampering yourself can make you feel better. Sometimes give myself at home spa treatment. Or go out and do all that! I always feel better when I feel pretty.

6. Pray. I'm not even talking about formally praying like an actual prayer. (You can still do that though!) You know when you just need someone to listen to you vent? Someone to just be there. Just think about it and do the same thing with God. I've done it plenty of times. It feels like you're talking to nothing sometimes (trust me. I KNOW.), but He will be listening and is always there ready to listen.

7. Treat yourself. 10/10 would not recommend if you're absolutely broke, but sometimes shopping and retail therapy can help you feel better. It might not make your bank account happy, but it definitely makes you feel happy (it makes me feel happy at least lol).

8. Listen to music. Listen to your favorite songs or artist! I go crazy on Spotify and iTunes and blast all my favorite songs to jam out to. It makes me feel 100 times better.

Hope this helps you get through whatever you're going through! And don't worry... you're not alone :)

xoxo,
sarah 😘

Check out my last post: Hope

FOLLOW ALL MY SOCIALS:
VSCO:
Youtube [main channel (**NEW**)]:
Youtube (2nd channel):
Vine:
https://vine.co/stbraham <-- yes, I spelled my last name wrong when creating my vine and can't change it. Don't ask lol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olly Undeniable Beauty HSN Vitamin Review (with before and after photos!)

New York City Guide: Taylor Swift Edition (With the walking path attached!)

Easy 70s Halloween Costume