Hope


On November 8th 2016, Donald Trump was elected the 45th president of the United States of America. Some people are happy. Others are shocked and scared. In total disbelief. And believe me, I am in total shock as well. I have been thinking a lot about it today, and guys. Not all hope is lost. Here's why:

In the United States, no president can just build a wall blocking an entire country from entering. Other people (Congressmen, senators, representatives, etc, etc) have to agree and vote on it. You can't just do it because you're president.

Everything is voted on. As much as it looks like this presidency is a going to be a dictatorship, it's not. We are a democracy. The people have say in what happens here. Just like building a wall, the president of the United States cannot just ban an entire religion or race of people from entering the country. A president can't just be like, "Hey I don't want this religion in my country so I'm banning it because I'm the leader and I can do whatever I want!"

Be kind to one another. This sounds so dumb and cliche, but one small act of kindness towards each other can make a difference. Whether or not you disagree completely with someone else's views, be nice to each other. Be friends with one another. Do not discriminate those who are not the same religion, sexuality, or race as you. Just show kindness and pray for them. If someone doesn't seem accepting of your views whether they're against your religion, sexuality, or race, be nice to those people and pray for them as well. Make peace, not war. Don't kill or fight other people because things did not go your way or because people don't agree with your views.

Get to know Jesus Christ. Now before people think, ugh why sarah plz this was a ploy to shove your beliefs down my throat, just think about it. What do you have to lose? Other people might not be as open to your beliefs and might not accept you, but JESUS WILL!! He has His arms wide open and loves you no matter what your religion, sexuality, race, or gender. Jesus was wellknown for not hanging out with the "cool kids"... he hung out with those who were neglected and not accepted by society. I personally have never fully fit in with a group of people and knowing Christ has helped me through so much in life. For all I know, God might have allowed this to happen for us to realize that He is ultimately in control and knows the future of our country and we have to learn to trust in Him.
"Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you." Deuteronomy 31:8
And do not worry! We live in the greatest nation in the world. TBH, I actually think Trump was just as shocked as the rest of world when he found out he won. And if you watched his acceptance speech, it actually wasn't the worst speech I had ever heard, so who knows, he might surprise us during the next four years?? I hope.

xoxo,
sarah

Check out my last post: September and October Favorites 2016

FOLLOW ALL MY SOCIALS:
VSCO:
Youtube [main channel (**NEW**)]:
Youtube (2nd channel):
Vine:
https://vine.co/stbraham <-- yes, I spelled my last name wrong when creating my vine and can't change it. Don't ask lol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olly Undeniable Beauty HSN Vitamin Review (with before and after photos!)

New York City Guide: Taylor Swift Edition (With the walking path attached!)

Easy 70s Halloween Costume